Another one of those old-time favorite family recipes that withstood the test of time. It's the keikis (children) that love this the most, they love to peel it layer by layer, and eat it, and yes, you can sometimes "catch" the adults from the corner of your eye doing that too! LOL! This recipe takes a little time to put together but when you see the end result, it's so eye catching and well worth it!!! Especially when everyone wants more than one piece and it is so yummy! It reminds me of a beautiful Hawaiian Rainbow over our lush green mountains when there's a misty rainfall.
Here is the photo that I promised to change as soon as I made it.
- A COUPLE OF HOURS BEFORE YOU START, CHILL
- A 9 X 13 GLASS DISH IN THE REFRIGERATOR.
- PLEASE READ FULL RECIPE BEFORE YOU START.
8 individual packets of knox gelatin
2 14 oz. can - sweetened condensed milk
1 large box berry blue jello gelatin
1 large box lime jello gelatin
1 large box lemon jello gelatin
1 large box orange jello gelatin
1 large box strawberry jello gelatin
View Comments (44)
- In your "4-Cup" pyrex glass receptacle, pour 1 1/2 cups of boiling water and add 3 packets of Knox Gelatin, stirring constantly, make sure that the gelatin is completely dissolved. Then pour in the 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk, stir well, adding a little more hot water to make a total of 4 cups of milk mixture. Set aside.
- There is no need to prep the glass dish as the jello will not stick to it.
- In your "2-Cup" pyrex glass receptacle, pour 1 1/2 cups of boiling water and add 1 packet of Knox Gelatin, stirring constantly, make sure that the gelatin is completely dissovled. Then pour in 1 large box of Blue Raz Jello Gelatin, stirring until completely dissolved. Let cool, then pour into chilled 9 x 13 glass dish and return to the refrigerator for 15 minutes or until set.
- Next, wash, rinse and dry your "2-Cup" pyrex glass well, measure out 1 cup of the milk mixture, make sure that it is cool, then pour slowly over the blue jello. Return to the refrigerator for 20 minutes or until set.
- With each new step of your layers be sure to wash, rinse and dry the pyrex glass very well.
- Alternate jello and milk mixture making sure that with each layer it is cool and you return it to the refrigerator for 20 minutes or until it is set before pouring on the next layer.
- So your next jello layer is Lime, then milk mixture. Then Lemon, then milk mixture. Then Orange, then milk mixture. And the last and top layer is Strawberry. Return to the refrigerator for an hour or until it is completely set.
- NOTE: If during the process your milk mixture starts to gel or thicken, microwave it on the lowest power for 15 to 20 seconds, just to warm it. Give it a stir to be sure that it is thinned out.